Housewarming gift ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Housewarming gift ideas

Looking for ideas for a housewarming gift. Couple's house is very much designed in a Pottery Barn / Crate and Barrel style. Classic, conservative, elegant.

Budget is probably 50-60$.

Thanks.

A delicious drink. Most people have their own unique style and from my experience don't like feeling obligated to put out a gift that isn't quite their aesthetic. I've always appreciated a good bottle of wine, nice liquor, or hard to find beer for these kinds of things. If they don't drink, perhaps something else they can consume. If they like to cook, perhaps a set of excellent aged olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Or if they like coffee, a French press and some high quality beans. Any sort of splurge they may be less likely to buy for themselves.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I'm with greg on this one -- booze or oil/vin or spices or something of the sort will go over well.

Comment

$50-$60? DONE:

http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDet...productid=1282

Comment

How old is this couple?

Greg S. was pretty much on, IMO. If it's someone young, you can help them stock up on their liquor/bar collection. Wine is probably good for anyone. I like the oil & vinegar ideas too.

Comment

Presuming you live in the US, a fresh pineapple was a traditional housewarming gift in colonial times. You might consider bringing one along with a nice bottle of something.

Comment

Working...
            X