Lace up shoes recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lace up shoes recommendation

I'm looking for a pair of black lace up shoes that can be worn with a suit or just with jeans/chinos. I'm just a college kid, so this doesn't need to be a serious business shoe or anything - but I am trying to keep it under $100. Anyone up to the challenge?

Black lace-ups are inherently a formal shoe and will look somewhat odd if you wear them with jeans/chinos (other than black chinos). I would suggest going with a medium brown cap-toe or wingtip if you want a shoe that can go dress to jeans without looking out of place.

Finding good shoes at that price means you're gunna have to hit the used market. Don't know what your size is, but these are a classic option for black shoes... If you still want them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Like-New-Allen-E...#ht_500wt_1132

Comment

Hmm yeah, I love the Park Avenues but I can't really justify splurging on something like that as a college student...

Comment

Keep watching ebay, I'm sure you can snag a pair for at least less than $80. I got black park avenues for $30 + $10 heel repair less than a month ago.

Comment

If you want a good quality dress shoe, that won't fall apart in a year, you're going to be looking at around $100-150 on the used market. Those are good prices. I bought my AE Strands on ebay for $130. They were worn maybe ten times, looked almost new and I know they'll look really good down the road because they're quality shoes.

Look at the long term value of your purchase before you buy. I would suggest saving up $150 to buy a quality pair of shoes that will last a long time rather than buy something made in China for $90 just so you can have it now, and will be destroyed in a couple years.

Hope this helps!

Comment

@BYC, Park Aves for $30!?!?!? Way to go!!

Comment

I got my PAs for $50. Keep an eye open. Even used, they're great shoes.

Comment

Working...
              X