Retire/Donate old beater shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retire/Donate old beater shoes?

Just curious what your guys opinion is. I recently got some UK made clarks and USA made bostonians that I could use as my beater shoes. Up until now, I've been wearing these as my beaters:

I would be using these two as my beaters instead. Any point in keeping the old pair?

I would donate them since it doesn't sound like you'll be giving them much attention, given that you have two better looking beater pairs.

Sell or donate so someone else can enjoy/put them to use

Comment

Your two new shoes are examples of beaters that don't have to look ugly. Donate your old pair

Comment

Oh sweet mother, acoustic. I've seen your shoe collection on this site. I'm surprised you had to ask!

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Do y'all have any recommendations on good, really comfortable beater shoe brands/models? I'd like to not wear my AEs into the hospital during clinical rotations! That is, unless I can ebay some cheap, gently worn beater AEs :P

Comment

Worried about stepping in blood or something?

I own a couple of Ecco "dress" shoes and find them quite comfortable.

Comment

lol thanks for the responses guys. I've had them for awhile but don't see a real point in wearing them much anymore since they are kinda....hideous.

@LosRockets: You may want to clarify with the hospitals you will be doing your rotations in. Some hospitals enforce certain dress policies that include white only shoes and etc.

Comment

Not necessarily blood, but I guess I just don't want to walk around too much TB and MRSA with them on, as silly as that sounds. Um...no white shoes deals here, haha - I actually have never heard of that for physicians. I'll look some cheap Ecco ones when I happen to come across them next time. Thanks!

Comment

@Los Rockets: For comfort look for echo rock port or danskos then! They will be ugly but you'll appreciate it after standing around on them all day! Are you gonna rock your Allen Edmonds when you do outpatient rotations?

Comment

@Acoustic - you got it. I don't wanna wear them on inpatient days/rotations. Right now I've got an oldddd pair of black Dockers captoes and brown Bostonian wingtips that I wear for inpatient stuff. The Bostonians aren't terribly uncomfortable but the Dockers need to be replaced. I remember wearing my dad's Rockports many years ago and they felt pretty good - I'll have to go try on a pair.

Comment

Working...
                    X