Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any experience with Todd Shelton jeans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any experience with Todd Shelton jeans?

I'm thinking about investing in a pair of Todd Shelton Selvedge Dark in the Watts Narrow Leg fit (http://toddshelton.com/product/jeans/selvedge-dark) and I can't hardly find any reviews/information on these. What little I have read has been positive and Joe has had nothing but great things to say about Todd Shelton jeans (http://dappered.com/2012/07/the-best...-the-usa-2012/)

Reading through the blogs on the Todd Shelton site I'm impressed with how they've slowly adopted the made in the US business model one product at a time. To me, it shows that they aren't over-extending themselves and are focused on making the best made in the US product they can.

So anyway, can anyone speak to the quality of these jeans?

Anyone have experience with Todd Shelton jeans quality?

Comment

I did a cursory search and couldn't find much either. There are a couple threads on styleforum, but they are mostly just a few people having pissing matches (as SF can be). It seems that the extreme "denim heads" remain pretty unimpressed with Todd Shelton. They are made in the US out of (supposedly) Cone Denim. That is a plus. Cone Denim can apparently range greatly in quality. The fits don't strike me as fantastic based on the pictures, but that is without personal experience.

I think for those of us here that usually buy $40 Levi's, they would be a big step up in quality and construction. If you are looking for the end-all pair of jeans, then this may not be it. Again, this is just some brief reading that I just did about 3 minutes ago.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I second every part of greg_s's reply. The near-complete lack of online information on Todd Shelton jeans (anywhere other than the Shelton website) is kind of a red flag for me. An even bigger red flag, though, is the way the jeans appear to fit based on the Shelton site's photos.

If you're going to spend that much on a pair of jeans, there are dozens of much better/safer options, in terms of known quality. I can't promise that they're all 100% made in the USA, but I can think of a least a couple that are. The first thing that jumps to mind for me is the Levi's Made in the U.S.A. collection (particularly the 511), followed by numerous Naked and Famous styles and others in that echelon.

Comment

Working...
        X