[REVIEW] New Lands End Canvas "Comer" Chinos - Review and Fit Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REVIEW] New Lands End Canvas "Comer" Chinos - Review and Fit Question

I ordered a pair of the new LEC Comer Chinos (straight fit) so I figured I'd share a few thoughts on them. I got the charcoal.

The quality is good. I paid $38 bucks and the material is comparable to Bonobos Game Day chinos. I actually like them better because the straight fit is a nice spot between Bonobos straight (which is slightly baggy for me) and slim (which is too tapered). I've got cyclists' legs, but am a small guy wearing 29x30 in most brands - Bonobos, Banana, Gap. In J.Crew Bowery chinos I usually go 30x30 knowing they shrink a bit.

The sizing for the new LEC chinos is much slimmer than their jeans. The pant legs are about the same shape, but the chinos have a much lower rise than their counterpart straight jeans. In addition to the rise, out of the box the jeans fit me while the chinos would barely button because the waist/ass was so slim -- and this was the straight fit! (I had some Robert Plant graphic contouring going on - you could see which way I hung... not cool.)

Even the straight fit seem slightly tapered, but the leg opening is a perfect 15-16" I would guess. It's enough not to make it drape over the shoes like Bonobos straight fit, and it's not hipster slim either. I really liked how the legs fit and looked.

Bang for buck? With any coupon code I think they're worth it, even for what I paid.

Here's my question for you all: There is no 30x30 offering from LEC on their chinos. Should I exchange these for 30x32 (hoping those fit in the waist) and have my tailor take 'em up, or is it not worth it? I would hope that the 30 waist doesn't make the legs bulkier, though.

Edited title.

Working...
X