Question about my Gap Slim Fit Tailored Khakis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about my Gap Slim Fit Tailored Khakis

I have a pair of recently bought (online) 40x34 slim-fit Gap tailored khakis that I'm taking into a tailor to get shortened to a medium break since I now realize that I'm not a 34 inseam. Aside from the length, they fit and feel great. However, the pants that were delivered have a front crease, which does NOT match the photo on the website. It's not killing me to have them on there but is this something that the tailor could remove via ironing? I need the pants pressed anyway to remove the horizontal creases from shipping anyway so am wondering if the tailor could remove the lengthwise creases as well. I have an informal job interview in a little over a week that I plan on wearing these to so would like them to look as sharp as possible.

If it truly is a crease, that's not something that is tailored into the pants so it wouldn't need a tailor to remove it. Try washing and pressing that should remove most of it and it will go away over time.

If you are talking about a pleat, that is something different entirely...

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

@Matt Ah yes, I had the same surprise. After a few washes, the crease disappeared. I'm pretty sure you can remove it by ironing them.

Comment

1 wash and it was gone. However, pre-2011, they were pretty permanent.

Comment

Working...
        X