New Blazers on Frank and Oak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Blazers on Frank and Oak

Just got the email less than 10 minutes ago. I'm currently trying to decide on the Navy or Charcoal for myself.

gotta buy a shirt this time...i had the navy in my cart but decided against messing with it. i got the 38 last time and it did not fit. waist/chest was way too tight (im normally a 36-38) but im afraid the shoulders on the 40 just wont work and i dont want $95 store credit if the 40 doesnt work either...

My cocktail videos >

Comment

It's my 1st time so I figure I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work, I'm sure someone would love to purchase it off me for the $50. Luckily there was a shirt I had been eyeing anyways. I was just waiting on coupons that people had said get sent out as the month goes on.

That does suck about the store credit though. I thought if you were a Hunt Club member, you got the money refunded to you?

Comment

The pictures make them look really really short..

Comment

The blazers doesn't look like they fit the model very well. They seem... lumpy.

Comment

So Frank and Oak doesn't do returns? They just give you store credit? The wording on their site is very ambiguous.

Comment

Unless you are a super skinny guy, your best shot is ordering a size up!

I generally wear 36-short in Alfani, Hilfiger Trim, and Banana. The F&O 36 (no length spec) fit like my short blazers, with extremely skinny arms and high pits, but it was too tight to button because of the tapered waist. I'm 5-8 and 145-150 lbs. Yeah, they're skinny. The shoulders were snug but okay, however.

Comment

Hmmm . . . Maybe I should have bought a size 40 then. Too late now since they're already sold out.

Comment

Man, those things sold out within minutes of that e-mail being distributed...I would have jumped on a $50, mid-weight, trim-fitting cotton navy blazer (even if it did require the additional $45 shirt purchase).

Comment

Better deals at Goodwill. > Frank and Oak must make about 5 blazers in each size...

Comment

Got a Charcoal 38R before they sold out, but I'm concerned that I should have sized up. Oh well, we'll see when it arrives. Worst case I'll get some store credit.

Comment

Same here with that 1st part. I'm not worried about it being short since I'm 5'8". The shorter jacket and sleeves will probably be perfect on me. It's the fact that it might be too tight that concerns me.

Comment

Got my package in from F&O today. My initial impressions are:

The jacket is very well made for $50. It's sculpted/tapered extremely well and I love the lining on the inside of it. Unfortunately it is too tight on me. I ordered a 38 which is my normal size, but my chest and traps make this one impossible to button up. I'm guessing it's designed for skinnier guys. I've included a few pics below. If anyone wants it, they can paypal me $60 (to cover shipping and the initial cost of the jacket) otherwise I'll just list it on Ebay.

Comment

Also, people have said that as the month goes on you receive discount codes from F&O. I have yet to receive these. How late in the month do they usually send them out?

Comment

@Vicious49 - If my tan blazer comes in and is too small, as I ordered a 36R, I'll take that off of your hands for 60$. That lining is amazing, reminds me of the prints Ben Sherman uses for their harrington liners. Should be here today or tomorrow, as we we ordered at the same time.

I also haven't gotten a coupon code yet either, but I did take advantage of a welcome code that dropped the blazer down to 42$ shipped, which was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X