Too big to bother tailoring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too big to bother tailoring?

A while back during the Clad blowout I bought a Hugo Boss suit and finally got around to trying it on and thinking about getting it over to the tailor. I'm wondering though if there's just too much room in the waist for this to ever look good. It looks okish in the shoulders and fine in the arms, but it balloons on the sides. I assume a good tailor can do something about that, but enough?

I'm guessing you can't return it, so you don't really have anything to lose by at least getting your tailor to look at it. The jacket seems like it could use some attention in both the waist and the chest.

Comment

Yeah, I suppose. It was also 200 bucks, it's not like it's a huge deal. I'd rather not waste 200 bucks, but it's not like I broke the bank. I ordered it not knowing if it would fit. I'm 6'4" 170, suit is a 40L, fwiw.

Comment

Mreh, those shoulders... Not deal-breakers, but particularly the view of the shoulder on your right side appears considerably too large. Could just be the angle and lighting though.

The waist and chest can absolutely be taken in, those are relatively standard alterations.

Comment

Working...
        X