Shrinkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrinkage

Hi guys, 1st time poster here. I've been doing some research online but I thought I'd ask it here. I recently bought a pair of 32/30 Urban Slim Chinos and a pair of 32/30 corduroys in straight fit I think. The 31 was a little too trim in the thighs but the 32 is just a little loose around the waist. I have washed them once in cold and hung them up to dry. I'm thinking about trying either a warm wash and line dry or a cold wash and tumble dry. Has anyone had any experience shrinking clothes just a tiny bit? Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Hmm I thought thread was less about clothes and more about what happens when you got out of the pool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUNNKzj_Nc

On topic, I have shrunken jeans before by putting them on and sitting in my bathtub filled with water at a temperature above warm but less than scolding. For khakis, I did a cold wash and tumble dry (take it out frequently to check the size - 10 mins was fine for pants that were a couple finger's width too large). Hope this helps

Comment

George was my inspiration for the title! I think I'm going to try washing and tumble drying them like you said. I also have a pair of Levis I may try bathing in. Thanks!

Comment

Good. It wasn't just me that thought of Seinfeld when I saw the title.

Comment

Working...
        X