Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johnston & Murphy Chukka for $53 - What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnston & Murphy Chukka for $53 - What do you think?

Saw these and Sierra Trading Post has 40% off for another hour from a Facebook link. Turns out to be $53. The video on the site says real stitched construction.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/johnston-and-murphy-runnell-chukka-boots-suede-for-men~p~4844m/

Thoughts? I've been eyeing grey chukkas for a few weeks. My next best option is the Clark's originals from their factory store 30 minutes away, but those still wouldn't be found under $80.

Here's a not-so-informative video, but it gives a good view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsiKYqGe5Dw

DUUUHHHHH Apparently someone posted about these yesterday and I even commented. #FAIL. I need sleep. And/or beer.

Comment

Beer. Always beer, friend.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Grrrr . . . . Thanks a lot Tarmac. I was trying to save money, but I ended up picking up a grey pair last night when I saw your post.

Comment

Got these in the mail today. They fit true to size and are so comfy. Now I am glad that Tarmac pointed it out and I ended up spending the money on them.

Comment

Good Guy Vicious: Finds old thread and updates everyone on product. Thanks!

Comment

Oh! The irony!

I got mine earlier this week and returned them. Two things I didn't like. First, the toe was more square than I could tell from the pictures, so it made my foot look extremely long (I'm a short guy). The shape itself wasn't the problem, but the length. Had I sized down, my foot would have been too wide. Second, the left toe was clearly scratched up and brushing the suede didn't fix it.

I could have exchanged them because Sierra is awesome with service, but I couldn't get over the long silhouette. I'm really sad about it, too, because the J&M quality and comfort was top-notch. These were definitely great bang-for-buck at $53, but I think I'll pick up some Clarks next time I'm near their outlet.

Comment

BTW, they are true to size as Vicious said. I wear 9 in Florsheim, Banana Republic, Bostonian and Clarks. I had also previously tried on J&M to know I would be okay with a 9. That was spot on.

Comment

Working...
                X