What would you do: Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do: Ebay

I recently bought a pair of Allen Edmonds Fairfax off ebay. It was described as New In Box A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as the original box or bag) and/or with the original tags attached.

I feel disappointed in the quality of the shoe, but I don't know what the expectations are for New in Box as opposed to brand new.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dIpy3eIHeec/UCw2mE3iURI/AAAAAAAAAEA/-gv57hUEUXM/w684-h513-p-k/2012-08-15

1. Is the quality acceptable and should I just take it with no comment?

I see a crease and a bit of a scuff. Don't know if I am being too picky

2. If not, there is a 3 day return so I could just return them

3. Or I can contact the seller, show him the picture and ask for a partial refund.

Thoughts?

It's hard to tell if there is any damage from the picture that you have provided. I will say that the crease is typical of new shoes from Allen Edmonds and it is no reason for concern.

Comment

@beau: hard to tell what other issues there are from that picture. If that crease is the only thing thing it came with I would accept it, especially if its a factory second model (which is likely with an old model like the fairfax) which is expected to have some minor visual issues.

Comment

I'd be weary of the Fairfax in general. I bought a pair used off of eBay and I can tell you that they do not age well, due to the fact that they are wholecuts and have no stitching to hold them together.

Comment

Working...
        X