Shoe trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoe trees

I obviously use shoe trees with my leather dress shoes but I was wondering if you use shoe trees with your suede shoes or with chukkas/boots?

I have the Clarks desert boots in beeswax(I personally say nay to trees on them) and the Cole Haan Paul Chukkas in leather (I'm thinking maybe I should use trees on those). I also have the blue suede BR shoes that Joe featured a few months ago but I feel that they don't necessarily need to be pushed back in to shape by trees since they are already super soft. I'd like to get other opinions to see if my thinking is right on these.

It all depends on what kind of look you are going for. I put shoe trees on my dress brogues to maintain their shapes including my dress boots. No shoe trees on the ones I knock around with or want to have that "broken-in."-

http://threadandsalt.com/image/16435019029

Comment

I put trees in suede shoes and nicer chukkas. I even have trees in my red wings just to keep creasing down a bit. Boat shoes, casual chukkas, one really casual pair of long wings all go without trees most of the time. I might throw them in those shoes overnight after a day of heavy wear just to help pull out some of the sweat.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Thanks for the info. It makes sense that the ones I want to look more casual and worn in don't need trees.

I was afraid that putting trees in the suede shoes might stretch them out too much due to the suede being too soft. I did try putting my usual trees in the CH Paul chukkas but it is a really tight fit since they are so narrow near the toe area. I might have to buy some small trees for them.

Comment

tuba: What is the brand and style of the shoe in your pic? I really like those.

Comment

@kidsampson Pretty sure it's the Florsheim Veblen :

http://www.florsheim.com/shop/style/12071.html

Comment

Working...
            X