Watch Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch Questions

I was at a local outlet mall yesterday and stopped in to a jewelry outlet because I am in the market for a suit worthy black leather strap watch. I stumbled upon <a>This watch</a> and the sales associate said it could be mine for $225.

My immediate thought was why can this guy sell me this watch for $50 less than Amazon, and my second thought was would this contrast dial pair well with a suit and black belt/shoes?

I am also a big fan of this one as well and it is $225 from a verified dealer. Does anyone have any experience with outlet jewelry, watches in particular?

I am ashamed, my coding is lackluster. My first link should take you here: http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-BU0030.../dp/B00843LAR2.

Not sure how leather strap watch got linked. But I'm new here.

Comment

This is just my opinion but I would stick to a plain faced watch for wearing with a suit. The chronos just seem too dressy looking to be worn dressy.

Comment

I agree with Bremersm, though there are chronographs out there which can be dressed up. For more formal events, always wear a simpler watch (less complications or functions) and pair it with a leather strap. Skip the metal bracelets, which are less formal in nature.

Comment

One of the only reasonably priced chronos I would pair with a suit is the Hamilton Maestro. Man that is one good looking watch.

Comment

Ah yes. One of my first loves. But it is a pretty penny.

Jnw07b, I am actually looking for a chronograph for my brother (not dressy though). I check Amazon.com and the watch forums (watchuseek.com, timezone.com) for deals. More info here: http://threads.dappered.com/topic/the-unofficial-watch-buying-reference-thread.

Good luck!

Comment

Somewhat related question, how would you wear a black leather chronograph watch like the one Jnw07b posted?

Comment

@jessy you could wear it in a business or smart casual environment sans a suit.

Comment

Working...
                X