Done buying suits/jackets on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done buying suits/jackets on Ebay

I took the advice I've read on this forum to give Ebay a shot for some affordable buys on suits/blazers. I bought 1 suit where the jacket fit great but the measurements on the pants were off. I just got a jacket in the mail today where it is brand new, but was cut assymetrical. Took me a while to figure out what was going on with that one.

Obviously I have to send both of them back and will eventually get a full refund but the time and money wasted with having to mail them back is just not worth it. I'd rather just deal with a retailer. Feel free to share your good or bad Ebay experiences when buying jackets.

It seems you had a few bad experiences which is always disappointing! I am actually getting into selling clothes on eBay and hope they'll work out myself. I would like to think tat most sellers are conscientious; wonder what others think. I have bought off Etsy with good success, so I would just keep trying.

Of course, you can do what I do and go thrifting- love it. Will not pay full price again if I can help it.

Comment

The sellers were polite about it. This last 1 was actually great on the customer service side of it. And how was he supposed to spot something that is cut asymmetrical unless he tried it on himself? So I understand that mistakes happen. The other one, rather than stating that the pants are actually this size and he think it's been let out 3 inches, he states the size he thinks it is now. You might be able to get that number if you stretch them out and then measure them. Either way, polite enough and said I'd get a full refund once he receives the package.

It just seems that it's more troublesome than just buying it from a retailer online. I'll just have to be patient and wait for bigger discounted sales.

Comment

Working...
      X