No-Spend Challenge - The Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No-Spend Challenge - The Official Thread

Here are the brave souls that will be competing. No buying apparel. or or accessories from now until the end of day 9/14. Good Luck to all! If you fall off the wagon post here. I will post the rankings on the 15th of September.

Zack Malibu

AnonymousJay

mrusso27

RiveDroit

runner-guy

william

bremersm

NYCToon

Alex

Jessy

BB

pdx_nate

Leslie Chow

I hope you guys know that you won't stand a chance if you visit these forums or visit Dappered in the next month

So, see you guys in a month!

Comment

Did I just put a bid on a coat on eBay?

Comment

Jessy, don't do it man.

Comment

@bremersm But the nights are getting colder and my only lightweight coat is black and I wear brown shoes!

Nah, but seriously, it was a small bid, there's no way I won't be outbid. I did it for the thrill I guess ?

Comment

The satisfaction of going a whole month without buying anything is a bigger thrill

Comment

My last purchase was a pair of slacks + a tie clip on 7/18. Some of the times, I've added items to the shopping cart but decided against buying it. On the other hand, I did end up buying a set of golf clubs in the same window.

Comment

Jessy, it doesn't count if you cancel that bid!

Or email the seller and offer a buy it now price...but make payment on 9/15!

Comment

In regards to my joining, it shouldn't be that hard, since I splurged a bit this summer, but need to recoup some money due to 3 weddings (in the span of a month and a half, 2 of which I was a part of). Plus with fall and winter coming up/clothing being released, I have enough stock that purchased at the end of last season to prevent me from making any blind/"necessary" purchases for a little while.

Comment

And of course, browsing the net I see that Mr. B's just restocked both the Adamis and Blake's in my size in navy. Day One has already shown that there are going to be roadblocks on this journey!

Comment

And just like that I almost disqualified myself.

Fortunately the Mr B's are still OOS in my size.

Comment

In the exact same boat AnonymousJay, I didnt pull the trigger last week when my size was in stock, but if they come back...

Comment

If I return a suit, while keeping the pants, but in another color, does it count?

Comment

I've gone 0 for 2 with Mr B's orders - I don't think the web site inventory is quite accurate for the sizes that are popping in and out. Worth a try, but don't be surprised if your order is canned a week later.

Comment

@Jessy, so you bought a suit pre-Challenge and now you are exchaging the entire suit for a different pair of pants? As long as you don't spend any money then you are fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X