Sore feet after wearing chukkas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sore feet after wearing chukkas

In an effort to upgrade my footwear I recently bought a pair of the Cole Haan "Paul" chukka boots as part of Nordstrom's anniversary sale. I love how they look, even if they're much sleeker than what I'm used to wearing, but after a full day of wearing them I had a bit of soreness on the insides of my heels, on the rear portion of my arches. Is this something that's common when wearing shoes with a raised heel for the first time? I have similar discomfort when wearing my Kenneth Cole dress shoes, which isn't very often. I've been a sneakers and hiking shoes guy for the last 10 years, so am wondering if my feet just need to get "used" to wearing shoes with raised heels? Do I just need to give them more break-in time before they start feeling comfortable?

I'm wearing those exact same shoes right now. This is my 2nd time wearing them and they feel super comfy to me. The 1st time I wore them, 1 shoe felt a bit weird on top where my foot bends but now that it's broken in, it's fine. I'm thinking maybe you bought 1/2 a size too big? I originally did the same thing and after walking around in the house with it for a few hours, took it back and swapped the 9.5 out for a 9.

Comment

When I began been adding more stylish footwear to replace my running shoes, my feet would hurt in all kinds of places where they never hurt before. I was afraid I might be doing some damage to my feet!

But I gave it some time, and it's been different for each shoe: sometimes there's discomfort, sometimes there isn't. Where it's uncomfortable varies from shoe to shoe.

Part of this is helping me to discover how a proper shoe should fit in the end. It's tough to tell when you first get a shoe just how much breaking in might be necessary.

I say give it some time, put some distance when you wear the pair (don't wear them on successive days) so you give your feet some time to feel better again.

Comment

Working...
      X