No announcement yet.

Clothing for Grad School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@hon, I've always had good luck with my express 100% merino sweaters. On sale they can be had for very cheap.

@bulldoggery, thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I'm a psych man myself. I'm headed on the school psychology route for grad school, but will likely pursue more of the LP route eventually. I'm undecided at this point, of course.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Thanks, I'll definitely check out those Express Sweaters (J Crew Factory now has a merino V, but it's not slim, so I'll probably skip it).

But what do people think of the J Crew Factory cords, if they've tried them? Cords are classic winter pants that do a great job bridging the gap between casual and dressed up, so should be good for grad school, I think. Plus their rich khaki is a really solid color.

Comment

greg_s, I was very close to going the school psychology route, but I was unexpectedly offered a fully-funded spot in a clinical Ph.D. program, and I wasn't going to turn that down!

Research-wise, my area was reading (specifically the development and implementation of phonics tutoring/mentoring programs) while I was in school. Nowadays, I'm essentially nothing more than a psychometrist, which can get a bit monotonous at times.

...but I digress.

Comment

A small world. I was going to go clinical but I was offered a fully-funded spot at a top tier school psych program in the city that I love living in. The lab I will be in is working on designing and implementing computer based reading and math assessments that can be completed by students without teacher help, take 20-30 minutes, are free, statistically valid/reliable and give instant feedback to the teacher about specific problem and strength areas for a variety of skill areas.

We both digress.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
          X