Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Tailored Fit Buttondown Collar Dress Shirt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Tailored Fit Buttondown Collar Dress Shirt?

Hey guys - Wondering which brand of tailored fit, buttondown collar shirts you can recommend? Preferably something in the $25-35 range, after a code or sale. And a brand that has versatile colors and patterns. I have a few in Calibrate, but they're not button down collar. And I have a few lands end, but they're still a little baggy. And kind of expensive unless they're on sale. So, just wondering where you all have found success?

Thanks!

Charles Tyrwhitt fits your budget when they're having sales, and they fit me pretty well (their slim fit). Caveat is that I'm larger than most of the guys on here (6'3, 225, athletic build; wear 16.5"/36), so possibly listing your sizing may help get you a better answer.

Comment

@TD: I have 39 chest 28 waist and find BR's new "tailored slim" fit (not the regular one). Somewhat passable without tailoring.

Comment

Good idea, re: posting my size. I am about 6', 185 lbs, with broad shoulders. Not sure of my exact chest size, but I typically am a 41R.

@Acoustic: are the BR's button down collar? Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

If you can find a great sale/deal/coupon (which are fairly rare), I've yet to find a better fit than the "Brooks Brothers" Extra-Slim fit.

I also just picked up a "Kenneth Cole Reaction" slim-fit from Macy's on a big sale & I like the fit/quality of it. The bag shows that their "Fitted" line might be slimmer, but I've not been able to try one on yet to verify (anyone have experience?).

Thanks

Comment

I'm 5'9" and wear 42r x 34 waist, and the jcrew factory secret wash slim fit is the best fitting shirt I have ever put on (size = m). I actually just bought my first one this past weekend (52.50- 25%= 40ish) and I love it.

<http://m.jcrew.com/mt/www.jcrew.com/mens_factory_category/mensshirts/PRDOVR~49208/99102444279/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~205+16~15~~~~~~~/49208.

It's pretty casual, but could probably be ironed to make it a little more crisp if needed.

Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Working...
            X