Thompson Fit vs Alfani Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thompson Fit vs Alfani Red

So I'm attending a wedding in October here in Australia and I was wondering about how the Jcrew Factory Thompson suit fits compared to the Alfani Red Grey Slim Suit? (http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/a...6%26slotId%3D5)

I'm originally from the states and I bought the Alfani suit from Macy's 3 years ago, it fits incredibly well for me (slightly overweight around the mid section) at a 44R/36x32 (6'0) with no tailoring. Assuming I'm in the same shape, would I be able to get away with the Thompson suit around the midsection especially? If I do order this suit, I'll be getting some relatives to send it from back home to Australia, so I have to know if the suit fits before I have anything sent :/

Anyone have both suits (or tried on both) and can help a brother out?

I don't have both, but do have a bit of experience.

I'm 6'2" with a bit of a belly, so our dimensions are relatively similar. The 42R Thompson I have is a little tight and cropped (but what I wanted), and I've tried a 44R too. Almost perfect. Minimal shoulder padding, and my tailor's told me there was room to take in if necessary. The pants also have an extra two inches of material so they can be lengthened if you want. Not sure about potential for the jacket to be let out.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Anyone else tried on both? Help a brother out!

Comment

Working...
      X