J Crew 15% Student Discount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J Crew 15% Student Discount

Not sure if this is just a D.C. thing or a nationwide promotion, but I scored 15% off my purchase at J. Crew today because I miraculously still have my student ID in my wallet. Not sure how long this will last, just a heads up.

Also, is anyone else embarrassed by the Mad Men promotion that Banana Republic is running?

Will look into the student discount. I still have my ID!

My problem with the BR MadMen campaign isn't so much the clothes (they look decent), its that it just looks like they're "trying too hard."

Instead of setting the trends, its like they're desperately chasing a fad that's already 4 seasons old (at least).

Comment

About three years ago at a J. Crew in upstate New York the sales associated asked if I wanted the student discount. I've also used it in Florida more recently. I think it may be nationwide (that or I lucked out).

Is BR still doing their Mad Men thing? I haven't been inside in a while; I thought they quit it. I just picked up on Mad Men and while I love the way they dress...I think the Mad Men lookalikes are a little silly.

Comment

MagM - I also learned about the 15% discount in upstate New York (while I was at Syracuse) from my ex and I've used it in CT too. I've held onto my student ID for that very reason - also in hopes anyplace else offers student discounts. The beauty of having no dates or information on your SUID.

Comment

I believe this is just about everywhere. I know I have heard of it before with them.

Comment

Banana Republic also has a student discount. I always make sure to ask when buying something in store. J. Crew's edu discount only applies to non-sale items and I believe it can't be compounded with other sales. Any other clothing stores with generous student offers?

Comment

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/02/20/money-college-stretching-the-student-discount/

When I did a student exchange my school required that I buy an international student identity card, claiming it'd get me discounts. A waste though--most of the discounts associated with that stuff would work with both my US ID and my NL ID, so the ISIC hardly came out of my wallet. Anyway, for student discounts on general stuff I'd check out isic.org. Some of it does require the ID, but some is just general student discount stuff that your old college card will work with.

Comment

my favorite is using the student id for museums etc. usually free or drastically reduced admission prices. especially at international tourist sites.

Comment

Working...
                X