Recommend Stylish Slim Fit button Down Shirts To Wear Untucked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend Stylish Slim Fit button Down Shirts To Wear Untucked

I'm looking for slim fit button downs to wear untucked with dark jeans. It seems like most hang too long because they're made to be tucked in. I'm especially drawn to dark or bold colors and stripes. INC shirts at Macy's would be perfect except the medium is too big on me, and the sleeves on a small are too short. Gah! I hate being between sizes when I find a brand with a style I love.

Any recommendations? The more affordable, the better!

Affordable - H&M

(Much) Better - J Crew or J Crew Factory Slim Fit (Washed shirts have the button down collar and are shorter)

Comment

Depends on where you live. H&M is probably a decent place to start. Urban Outfitters also tends to be slim, but they also tend to be very hipster, so unless you're in that crowd you may have a difficult time finding stuff you like there. If you have a Uniqlo or a Zara near you they would also be good places to look. I *think* that TOPMAN may also be on the slimmer side, but don't quote me on that one. If you find a brand or a site that has stuff you like, see if they offer a size chart. Some places will give exact measurements of their shirts.

Other places like Banana Republic, GAP, J. Crew, etc do have slim/trim/tailored/whatever lines, but they often have very poor selections of these lines in the brick & mortar stores (if they even have them there at all). They also tend to be more expensive than the previously mentioned options. That said, J. Crew in particular tends to offer a slightly higher quality than what you'd find at somewhere like H&M.

Unfortunately, until you get a bit more pricey, it's unlikely that you'll find shirts that will have exact sleeve or neck sizes. Additionally, most stores (at least in the USA) tend to be cut more fully so that the maximum amount of people can stuff themselves into the garments. Typically, the less expensive, the more true this is. The stores I mentioned are an exception to this 'rule'.

My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

GAP in store has been my best bet as far as slim fitting casual shirts. I have one a stone's throw from my apartment and have found some great deals. Some of the slim, non-iron shirts I've found for $12.99-$14.99 on sale. I also managed to get that gingham that was brought up on the main Dappered site for something like $29 a few months back.

I'm in the same boat as the OP, and posted a thread a week or two ago when I was considering picking up some runaround/casual shirts at H&M. I still haven't done that yet, but for my casual wear it's usually something slim fit from GAP, or a fitted non-1MX Express shirt (which I feel hold up far better than the 1MX's themselves do).

Comment

I'm more on the dressy side than the hipster side, so it's rare I find anything at Urban Outfitters other than winter jackets.

Yeah, retailers seem to be making shirts "roomier" these days. No thanks! Gap used to sell some nice fitted button downs they called Premium, but it seems like they've been getting less and less stylish stuff. I think Gap tries too hard not to compete against their own Old Navy and Banana Republic stores, which leads them to more and more bland stuff. By not competing against their own brands, they're doing a poor job of competing against stores like H&M, Zara and others. I wish there was a Zara near me.

Most of my button downs are the Apt. 9 brand from Kohls. They look great and fit well, but the hem needs to be ironed again and again because it constantly rolls up.

Comment

Working...
          X