dockers d1 slim vs alpha khakis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dockers d1 slim vs alpha khakis

I've been transitioning from more straight cut pants to slim cuts recently (purchased a few GAP slim cut khakis on sale) and really like the fit. I always thought being a bit bigger guy (6ft, 215lbs, 44 chest, 36-38 waist) that the slim cuts would look rediculous, but man am I loving them. I've got a new pair of D1 Slim cut khakis on today and have had so many compliments. I'm just wondering what the difference in cuts is like. For a little reference I used to love my levis 514's but just found a pair of 511 rigids that fit amazing and make me feel like im wearing relaxed fit when i throw on my 514s.

twitter: @adg_ca
    instagram: @adg_ca

I'm in a similar situation as you, as I have 2 pairs of 511's that I love, and I almost feel like the 514's are too big on me now (they're not, but my affinity for the slimmer/skinny cut has left me feeling this way). On a related note, I was going to try the Levi's 513's, but they're not sold at the Macy's near my place and I'd have to order online. Anyone have a description/comparison on how those fit compared to the other 2 (514 and 511)?

Comment

Somewhere in between on the 513s. I find 511s too skinny and 514s too baggy; 513s fit great. Tapered leg opening but not super skinny, slim through the thigh but again, not super skinny. Pretty much a true slim fit, honestly.

P.S. In my experience, there's a substantial difference between the Alphas and the D1. I think the D1s are far too baggy (514ish) and the Alphas are definitely closer to 511s, though not quite as skinny. I'd say probably more like 513s in the thighs, and 511s from the knee down.

Comment

Alpha Khakis and the 513's are my go-to pants. Slim, but not skinny.

Comment

Working...
        X