Jeans that fit like Alpha Khakis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeans that fit like Alpha Khakis?

Alright, so this is a bit of a strange question, but - I'm pretty much obsessed with the fit of Alpha Khakis. They fit better than any casual pants - jeans or chinos - that I've ever worn. So now I'm trying to find jeans that are cut similarly. Does anyone have any ideas? (If selvedge, even better.)

Please don't say 511s - I can't say why, but for some reason, 511s fit me really differently than my Alphas. They make my lower half look like an upside down triangle.

514s are closer in fits to Alpha Khakis. They have a straight leg. The 511 is tapered and fits much closer to the leg.

As a side note, I wear 511 twills as well as alpha khakis. One thing I figured out, if you like the 511 look and don't want to take it too far (AND you are short like me) buy the 511s in a longer length and have them hemmed. I normally have a 29-30in inseam so I buy a 32 or 34, this way the leg opening is lightly larger after I have them taken up and the waist should sit a little higher, as well.

Comment

Try to find a pair of 513s. They are slimmer than the 514s, but not skinny.

Comment

514s are, believe it or not, incredibly baggy on me! But 513s are a great idea, thanks, Jessy - I'll look out for them. Any other ideas, guys? Has anyone had any success with J.Crew denim?

Comment

There is a similar discussion regarding this going on in the current D1 vs. Alphas thread.

Comment

Alphas = ankle huggers

Comment

Alpha khakis are both slim up top AND tapered.

The most comparable Levi's denim equivalents -- depending on color and "substyle" -- are 511s and 513s.

Comment

Check out your local TJ Maxx/Marshalls I've seen dark pairs of the 513's mixed around with all of the 514 and 505's they have had this summer. I had to look up what the 513's were at first. Thankfully 514/505's fit me perfectly since I cant do 511's

Comment

I don't have any 513s, so I can't speak to them, but I can say this much:

514 then Alpha Khakis then 511

Straight then some taper then very tapered

Comment

Working...
                  X