Vastrm - custom polos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vastrm - custom polos

A startup is exclusively doing custom polo shirts based on measurements you submit, but the twist they offer is a Trunk Club-esque free try-on opportunity. They plan to exland into henleys and t-shirts later, which makes me think that sooner or later, we'll be paying a small price premium to have everything be custom and store inventory will be rare thing.

The founder tweeted at me which seemed very cool seeing how I'm next to nobody in the fashion industry, but I would be a potential customer.

Their TechCrunch write-up is here: http://techcrunch.com/2012/08/09/y-c...-fitting-polo/

Seems to be an influx of these places since Kickstarter became popular.

Comment

It certainly does seem as if we are not far away, at all, from entirely custom fit closets.

Comment

I actually really like them but not sure if they are worth $70.

Comment

Originally posted by VespaMatt View Post
          It certainly does seem as if we are not far away, at all, from entirely custom fit closets.
          Since fit is the most important aspect of a piece of apparel, I agree with your prediction. Custom fit is the only way to achieve the perfect fit.

I actually really like them but not sure if they are worth $70.
          As someone who bargains shop and also splurges, I think it comes down to the garment. I buy H&M v-necks that I know will be ruined in five months, but for the price the replacement is easy and harmless. On the other hand, a mid-level polo costs anywhere from $30-$60 and a mid-level dress shirt around $60-$80. I don't mind paying $10-$20 more for a piece if it's custom fitted and I know I won't have to replace it.

Comment

Working...
          X