Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AE Park Avenue/Strand -- do they stretch? Buy slightly big or slightly small?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AE Park Avenue/Strand -- do they stretch? Buy slightly big or slightly small?

So I'm finally plonking down and buying a pair of Park Avenues and a pair of walnut Strands. It's not creative, but it's time. Do they stretch at all? I'm probably right between 11.5D and 12D and didn't know whether to buy them on the smaller or larger end.

They will indeed stretch over time. A 10D in the 5-last puts a bit of pressure on my big toes, but I got PAs and Elgins in that size and they fit like gloves after a few wears. If you're talking about serious pressure, then I'd say it's not worth it to suffer that long until they stretch out.

Comment

I'd go with smaller, as leather does stretch a little. I concur with BB in that do that if it's a little pressure, not a ton.

Comment

It's definitely just a little tight. I'll try them at night when feet are at largest to make sure. Thanks to you both!

Comment

Wear them around the house for a few hours at a time, so that you don't scuff the soles in case you need to return them. Also, a few hours a night for several nights is enough time to begin to stretch them, but not enough to hurt your feet.

Comment

Echo what everyone else has said. Go with the smaller size. The pressure should only be on the sides of the shoes. Obviously any pressure at your toes means they are too small. The leather will give at the forefoot over time.

Comment

I went with 1/2 smaller with both, and they fit perfectly. I think IIRC from Style Forum that the last runs short but wide?

Comment

To me, they do seem to fit wide at the heel -- but not particularly wide at the toe box. This is why sizing down to fit the heel often forces people to put up with toe discomfort (minor, but still you can feel it). Mine feel great after a week, though.

Comment

Working...
                X