Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you buy with $50 from Mens Wearhouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you buy with $50 from Mens Wearhouse?

My parents in law have just sent me a $50 voucher for Mens Wearhouse. I'd normally feel pretty happy about having another $50 to spend on clothes but feel at a loss for some reason. Grabbing a shirt or two would normally be fine, but I really don't need more/my wife wants some of her closet space back. $50 is a lot of socks, but not enough to really get anything more substantial.

I work at a West Coast law firm with a relaxed dress code and I don't feel like I need anything urgently, except perhaps a sports coat and I'm not thrilled about MW for that.

Do you guys have any creative ideas as to what to do with the money?

Law firm? Go old school JD and get some suspenders!

http://lawyerist.com/dress-success-suspenders/

Comment

If I was in need of more I'd get some shoe trees.

Comment

If they're having a sale, you can get a couple cashmere sweaters for that price, somehow. The fit could be pretty solid, depending. I've had sweaters from there fit like sacks, and others fit no worse than something from Gap or BR, for instance (not super slim fitting, but reasonably slim).

I'd probably get some pockets squares or a couple of belts or something.

Comment

I second shoe trees.

Comment

I got some decent dress belts on sale there. Definitely wait for a coupon or sale. Belts, shoe trees, other things they can't screw up.

Comment

How sad is it that the best that can be recommended about MW is shoe trees. Men's Warehouse "You're (probably not) gonna like the way you look."

Comment

Subtext of this gift: "We don't think you're good enough for our daughter."

Comment

@Pitseleh, lol, it seems like one of those "we really do mean well, but are unaware of the store's poor reputation." My last girlfriend was aware of my obsession with shoes, so she thought it was a good idea to get me a $50 gift card from JC Penney so I could "i dunno, get some nice new shoes or something." Needless to say, it did not work out with her.

Comment

I'll echo what others say and recommend belts and/or shoe tress. I have a few belts from MW and they are affordable and good quality (made in Italy). Also, their shoe trees are nice, cheap, and made in USA.

Comment

Shoe trees, belts, shoe polish/cream, horsehair brush, cufflinks.

Comment

Working...
                      X