Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding Chinos/Khakis that fit?

Hey Y'all,

Im a 23 year old college student. Studying education which leaves me surrounded by woman all day, 5 days a week, being 1 of like 5 guys in my program. Im a big outdoorsman and love to hunt, fish, etc so before last year I was always in boots, blue jeans, and a t-shirt at school and some dorky clothes when I was teaching.

Im 6'3-6'4 and 190 pounds. Just tall and lean. Im in desperate need of some more casual chinos/khakis. I started with some banana republic chinos because BR shirts fit me perfect. The chinos fit alright, but still seem to baggy? plus they wrinkle like crazy. I eventually switched to some GAP slim wrinkle free chinos or something. They fit pretty darn good, but are to dressy and I only wear them with a button up.

Im in need some something more casual that I can wear with a plain t or collared shirt.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

CJ

It's tough to find a brand that works for everyone. Try the various Dockers fits (D1 and Alpha are your best bet). Otherwise, try some from Lands End Canvas and H&M (if you have one near you) for cheap and casual.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Chinos look overly dressy if they have a crease running down the middle of each leg. Try to find crease-less ones (not sure about the precise term). I'm not very slim, so I'm not the guy to help you with sizing. But I've liked my J Crew Urban Slim Fit chinos -- got them for about $15 on sale.

Comment

As greg said, you'll just have to experiment to find out whose chinos fit you the best. If you are worried about wrinkles you can always iron them out or if in a rush, just steam them while you are showering.

Comment

Thanks Guys. Looked up the Dockers D1 and they look like they may be perfect. Going to have to check them out.

Comment

No Brainer. Alpha Khakis. Casual and no excess bagginess.

Comment

Which BR chinos did you try? The Dawson's are my favorite but I also have the emersons which are much slimmer. And now they have their new kentfield pant which I probably won't try because it looks way too thin for my tastes.

Comment

Once you find some you like, I'd just buy them in all the colors you want. That's what I did with the Dockers Alphas. I love the fit, so I have like a dozen pairs in various colors.

Comment

So, I've been browsing for another pair of khakis or two, was pretty sure that I was getting Alpha Khakis in grey and midnight blue, and lo and behold...THEY HAVE CORDUROYS IN THE ALPHA KHAKI FIT NOW. MIND BLOWN. I was going to get Bonobos cords (and I do like their pockets better, more like jean pockets) - but has anyone tried the Alpha Khaki cords? They look awesome, and they're so much cheaper!

Comment

Those do look nice. They had cords last season, too, and unfortunately, I heard mostly bad things about them. Prone to rip, supposedly. But perhaps the new ones are better?

Comment

Working...
                    X