Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Shoe Help Please

Hey Y'all,

I am a complete idiot when it comes to dressing. Im a 23 year old college student studying education and I teach 3 days a week. Im one of like 5 guys in the program. Rest is all sorority girls. Over the last year I have started to dress much better due to the fact that Im always in a school or class full of woman.

Im trying to find a shoe that would pretty much go with anything (if possible). When I teach I usually wear some chinos or khaki jeans with a plain t or collared shirt. Colors always vary.

Any recommendations? Dont want to pay too much, preferably under $100 since I will be around kids in a school a lot.

Thanks,

CJ

Have you seen this article?

Comment

Hi Raider fan: A very versatile piece of for your purposes would be a plain brown blucher shoe such as:

The blucher design implies a sense of more casualness which will vibe well with your chinos and work environment of a teacher. Bluchers also look great with jeans. A plain design is also good because it doesn't sound like you want to start building a massive shoe collection, so it's got a more implicit subtle look to it.

Comment

I like the look of those, thanks!

Any input on casual sneakers would help as well.

Comment

There are a lot of threads on here about casual shoes if you look, but you can always do some sort of boat shoe or chukka to up the ante a bit. It will just look better in most settings. Other wise look into Jack Purcells and the like.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I've thought the Tretorn stuff has looked nice. They seem to be on sale quite often. They have a bunch on Jackthreads right now for cheap.

Comment

Those look good, Acoustic!

Can get something less polished too that would look okay without routine care.

Comment

Working...
              X