What to get from TARGET?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to get from TARGET?

I'm visiting Australia and they have Target over here. I remembered reading that there are some pieces worth to get from Target but the search function in the blog are just simply bad.

Figuring to make a thread here so that others can take an advantage too.

Please suggest things that are worth to buy from Target store.

I love their Merona 'Everyday Shirts'. Great patterns for great prices.

Comment

http://www.primermagazine.com/2011/spend/11-style-items-you-can-buy-at-target-and-5-you-shouldnt

Also I would highly recommend picking up a Timex Weekender ($34.99US?), its a great everyday cheap watch.

Comment

I've had good luck with their slim fit shorts and t-shirts. I also have some of their polos. Many here like the value of Target socks but I find that they just wear out too quickly even with the low price.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

The Merona Kensington Blazer!

It's been mentioned a few times around here, but It's cheap, fits really well, and doesn't need much alteration:

http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...s/-/A-13806176

Comment

You've gotta try it for yourself. What works for me might not work for you. And if you're visiting, you don't want to load up on basics that you have to bring back with you unless this is a really long visit.

Comment

Personally I won't buy their polos, vnecks, or dress shirts unless they're on sale or on the clearance rack. Definitely grab a pair of the Merona Chambray shorts in red or blue. The Merona Men's Jacket has been discussed. It's cheap($17-$25) and polyester but looks nicer than what you'd think.

The Timex Weekender watch can be bought cheaper elsewhere. If you think you'll ever own that watch, I would stock up on the interchangeable straps. They're $8, same price online, but you won't have to pay shipping. Besides the clearance rack items, I think the jacket and their shorts are the pieces worth getting.

Comment

Just as a warning, I'm pretty sure that Target in Australia ? Target in the US. They don't seem to have the same merchandise. I just browsed their mens selection online and it is definitely more limited and Walmarty than the US stores.

Comment

Thanks guys for your input. I'm gonna pay them a visit tomorrow.

Comment

for those who have the Timex Weekender...I've read on the watchuseek forums that the ticking on the watch is very loud. For a watch forum, they might just be picky about their watches. So could anyone here confirm whether or not the ticking is loud?

Comment

@sean. The ticking is pretty loud. If I don't close my drawer at night I hear it from across my bedroom.

Comment

@Sean I have 2 of them and yeah it's pretty loud but maybe I'm just used to it now...only time I notice is if I'm in my room reading and my wrist is kinda near my head and its dead silent

Comment

I've never noticed the ticking

Thanks - I probably will now!

Comment

Yeah Target in Australia is not the same as the US. I think it it some brand agreement but the products, range and quality from the sound of it are completely different.

Comment

Working...
                            X