Frank and Oak Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank and Oak Quality

I haven't seen much on this site about Frank and Oak. Has anyone bought anything from them. How is the quality and what other retailer might you compare it to.

How is the Hunt Club? Anyone doing that and give you give a simple explanation?

There have been numerous threads on F&O--quality, fit, Hunt Club. Go to the search box in the upper right corner and search "Frank and Oak" and you'll see what I'm talking about. In a nutshell, I would say most of us have a pretty favorable view of F&O, but are confused by their pricing scheme and annoyed at how quickly they sell out of their products.

Comment

I picked up two shirts and a tie from them. The tie color was slightly off from what I thought I had ordered, but it could be the monitor, I cannot blame them for that. I will still use it, just not exactly what I was expecting. The Oxford shirt that I picked up is great, fits me perfectly, it will be GREAT for winter, its a very thick solid shirt. I am thinking about signing up for the Hunt Club so I get free shipping and maybe take a shirt or two a month.

Comment

Since I didn't add on to the previous posts, I'll chime in here. I picked up a few items from them in the past few weeks. First an order, then my first hunt club delivery.

The order was a for a cotton blazer and button-down shirt (special price when ordered together). I got the 36 inch coat. The shoulders fit really well, the sleeves were narrow (okay), but the jacket was so tapered I couldn't button it. As a comparison, I can easily wear 36S in Tommy Hilfiger Trim Fit, Alfani Red, or Banana's tailored fit italian wool suits. I'm returning the blazer (unless someone wants to take it off my hands for the asking price... but you better be skinny!).

The shirt? I really like how it fits although it'd be tight in the neck if I tried to button it (for a small guy, I have this problem A LOT). I also picked up a tie. It's a silk tie, nothing special, nice enough.

The hunt club brought me a belt and two shirts. BOTH were much looser fitting than the previous shirt I'd ordered, so I'm returning them. The shirt with a button-down collar I selected had a very tall collar -- so tall that it looked extremely funny when worn with a blazer. And funny because I'm not a tall guy at 5-7/5-8 depending on which convenience store I'm in. The second normal button down I got through hunt club was simply a bit too loose for my liking, and the collars wouldn't stay down. Kinda funny, and some ironing might have helped it. I REALLY liked that chambray-like cotton fabric. It was a greyish green... sad to not keep it just because of the color.

The last item I got through hunt club was a belt. Fabric with leather near the buckles and closure. The leather is probably the softest leather I've ever felt, which I liked a lot. The only weird part is that I expected it to be thicker - it's about 1 and 1/4 inches tall. That's sufficient, but nowadays belt loops are much taller, so there's some slack when you wear it.

Comment

@tarmac - I would be interested in the blazer. Is there an email I can reach you at?

Comment

@tarmac - I would be interested in the blazer. Is there an email I can reach you at?

Comment

tarmac108 at gmail dot com -- it's a junk address so i'll email you back from my real one.

for reference i'm between 5-7/5-8, and fluctuate between 145-150 lbs. fairly straight torso i think.

Comment

Email sent.

Comment

Reply enroute with some pics...

Comment

I got the Lawrence blazer from last month and I'm not really happy it. I don't care for the material, feels like there's a fair amount of polyester in there snd it's a bit stiffer than I'd like. The button stance is high, the sleeves are a little long for me (common problem though and actually the sleeves are less long than most 38R jackets), and there's more shoulder padding than I'd like. With all that said it is still the best fitting jacket "off the rack" I've had even though it's just a tad tight on the torso around where the top button is.

5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Working...
                    X