Buying duplicate shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying duplicate shoes

Do you ever buy multiples of the same shoe, but in different colors?

I have a pair of black AE Park Ave. and I'm in need of a dark brown shoe. My gut instinct says to just go for a pair of Park Ave. but another part of me is telling me to expand a little. These are going to fill the classic brown shoe spot that has recently opened up in my collection so I'm hesitant to get too crazy. The Fifth Ave is a possibility as something that's just a little different.

Thoughts?

I know many people with the same shoe in different colors (and materials). I know a person with strands in walnut, brown and cordovan leather. It'll really be up to your own erosional preference. I don't feel there is any faus pas either way. However, I would go with different type of shoes just because I like variety,

Comment

I think the Park Ave in black and the Fifth Ave in brown is a great combo.

Comment

I can imagine a good reason you might want the same shoe in different colors -- namely, you want to have a consistent style that people get used to seeing. The dude who wears strands every day in different colors is setting that as his constant, kind of like a guy who wears a tweed sport coat every day but changes up everything else. I'm still trying to figure out what constants I have, so that my wardrobe is a bit more coherent. But I personally wouldn't get the same shoe, especially the Park Ave. Fifth Ave is different enough to be interesting while remaining in the same family.

Comment

I just bought AE McTavishs in black and tan. If you find something you like - why not?

But different us good too

Go with your gut

Comment

A vote for the Fifth Avenue in brown. Mix it up and live a little

Comment

i have the PA in black and the Strand in walnut. Fifth Ave in brown is next.

Comment

I bought two pairs of the same shoe, same color once, and one time three pairs of the same shoe, same color. These were both very good deals where stored the spare pairs for later use.

Comment

Working...
                X