• Show
Clear All

• Heafcliffe
    replied

@ Albert, thanks for the advice.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

@Heafcliffe, don't go J.Crew for the cardigan, just way too much money. Right now there are a couple LEC options on sale. I just ordered the Slate Marl cardigan a couple days ago using the living social voucher. It should be coming to my door tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Heafcliffe
    replied

@ Albert & dahonam, I have pretty much the same list as the both of you's.

Clarks Desert Boots (in Beeswax of course)

2 Cardigans: Grey one & Burgundy one (BR or J. Crew but I may look at LEC- the price!)

Grey Wool Suit (plan to get married in one, fcuk a rudimentary tuxedo)

Wool, Plaid tie

Cody Hudson X Converse All-Stars

I tend to add and subtract as I go (and depending on the funds).

Leave a comment:

• Cannon
    replied

Gray chinos, desert boots

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

I would have PM'd it to you guys, but it seems like Dappered doesn't support such a thing yet. Hint hint.

Leave a comment:

• MaxMan
    replied

That RSS thing is brilliant...nice

Leave a comment:

• MaxMan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Frank
    replied

@Albert Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

@Frank, 11.5 here you go. Beat up, but still look good and at a great price for C&J.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-POL...#ht_500wt_1132

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

If you read Put This On this is how Jessie and Derek get their ebay rundown. Basically, you type in all the items you're searching for in the ebay bar and click search (type in anything you want, I type in shoe brand names). After you click search what you'll have in your address bar is a URL to that search. You can then save that URL to your favorites and just click it whenever you want to run that identical search. Since things change on ebay frequently, the search will pull up different things each time you do it. You can put this into an RSS feed (Google reader, for example) and anytime anything new comes up it will show up on your RSS feed. I just click on it in my favorites bar though.

At the risk of giving away all my potential shoe buys, here is my shoe search link:

http://clothing.shop.ebay.com/Mens-Shoes-/93427/i.html?LH_PrefLoc=2&US%2520Shoe%2520Size%2520%2528 Men%2527s%2529=11%252E5&_nkw=%28%22edward+green%22 %2C+peal%2C+%22brooks+brothers%22%2C+alden%2C+ling wood%2C+lobb%2C+vass%2C+testoni%2C+edmonds%2C+mcaf ee%2C+church%2C+hermes%2C+crispin%2C+zegna%2C+sant oni%2C+faconnable%2C+ferragamo%2C+sutor%2C+mantell assi%2C+%22shell+cordovan%22%2C+%22purple+label%22 %2C+trickers%2C+grenson%2C+crockett%2C+gravati%2C+ kiton%2C+tramezza%2C+sargent%2C+weston%2C+lattanzi %2C+heschung%2C+balint%2C+scafora%2C+valextra%2C+b ranchini%2C+bontoni%2C+bemer%2C+aubercy%2C+corthay %2C+Dinkelacker%2C+%22paul+stuart%22%2C+asprey%2C+ tods%2C+etro%2C+sander%2C+carmina%2C+albaladejo%2C +%22paul+smith%22%2C+martegani%2C+altan%2C+artioli %2C+barrett%2C+bestetti%2C+stefanobi%2C+borgioli%2 C+cheaney%2C+cleverly%2C+ducker%2C+donegan%2C+gazi ano%2C+guyot%2C+klemann%2C+loake%2C+maftei%2C+melk ersson%2C+moreschi%2C+materna%2C+meier%2C+myhre%2C +pape%2C+peron%2C+petrocchi%2C+reiter%2C+scheer%2C +schneider%2C+stanislas%2C+suzuki%2C+crisci%2C+ugo lini%2C+vogel%2C+yanko%2C+tyrwhitt%2C+shipton%2C+h eneage%2C+%22ralph+lauren%22%29+-sneaker*+-canvas*+-flop*+-trainer*+-sandal*+-chaps+-tennis&_trkparms=65%253A10%257C66%253A3%257C39%253 A6&rt=nc&_catref=1&_dcat=93427&_trksid=p3286.c0.m1 4.l1581&_pgn=2

Save this link in your favorites bar and all will be well in your world. Yes, it's long because I search for a ton of shoes at once.

Leave a comment:

• Frank
    replied

Yes, do tell of these RSS searches... alas my size is a 12 or 11.5 and I can't fit those.

Leave a comment:

• MaxMan
    replied

@Albert, Those AE are FIRE!!!! My Goodness, I damn near lost my mind when i saw them...Also, whats this RSS search thing...enlighten me please?

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

@Frank, I don't know your size, but these fit your description.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALLEN-EDMONDS-HINSDALE-WING-TIP-OXFORD-SIZE-10-D-SHOE-/310334799195?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4841653d5b #ht_810wt_883

I have tons of RSS searches running for ebay shoes. It's the only way I buy quality footwear.

Just call me Saint Hubbins (for those of you that get that reference).

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

@MaxMan, Get the Beeswax Clarks DB's. I've read a lot of good things about them and how they are superior to suede. Here are some links to entice you.

http://www.thestyleblogger.com/1493/light-layers-of-fall-part-ii-the-overshirt/

http://stylehunting.tumblr.com/day/2011/02/14 (Scroll down to the Clarks DB mention).

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Frank
    replied

@Maxman I know theres a fineline between chukkas and desert boots but... Clarks!

As for my list... it just grows and grows, I think I should take a break from dappered and other style blogs, too many ideas..

LL Bean Duck Boots (either 8inch or the mocs)

Lightweight Raincoat

Light brown brogues (something like the walnut Strand pref. with a wingtip)

Navy blue medium gingham dress shirt

blue cotton sportcoat

and to cap it all off I have one of the last indochino coupons for 150... any suggestions as to what to get?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X