A good primer on Business Casual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good primer on Business Casual

Primer posted this on their Facebook page. It is a pretty simple explantion of how to pull off Business casual with a light closet. If the Effortless Gents' book is anything like this then it might be worth picking up when it goes on sale.

http://www.effortlessgent.com/how-to...siness-casual/

That is a good post. I wish there was a nice way of sharing this with some people I work with. So many people take way too casual of a stance in my department.

Comment

Great article!

I printed it off and stuck it on our offices bulletin board.

Comment

Then you are my hero, kevinD!

Comment

Kevin, good thinking maybe I should post it on bulletin boards. Or maybe above each of the urinals

Comment

I came back from lunch to find it on my desk. I guess someone was offended...

Comment

Really?! Wow. I wonder if they thought "How dare he try to get people to look nicer at work! I'll stick with my baggy cargo khakis and my polo from college"

Comment

Posting that in a passive aggressive way is a lot more obnoxious than wearing clothes people here might not find fashionable. If someone asks for help, sure, send them the link. But these are people you have to work with. You might have a more expensive pair of shoes, but I'm sure they do plenty of things better than you without bragging about them on the bulletin board. Unless one's work quality in your office is somehow related to their wardrobe, you are just being a dick.

Comment

That's actually covert aggression. But you're right. Even though many people say they don't care very much about their clothing or appearing 'stylish', they are nevertheless likely to be deeply offended if you do something that comes off as criticizing their appearance.

I will never tell anyone what to wear unless they ask me. However directing employees to something like this guide would be really helpful upon hiring.

Comment

kevinD - Time for an inter-office email thanking whomever dropped it on your desk but saying that coincidentally, you had just read that article this morning! Thanks but no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X