Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indochino or Factory Thompson?

Hey y'all

Just curious what peoples thoughts are on these two suits. I know Joe fully supports the Thompson, but I don't mind spending a bit more if Indochino is worth it. I am unsure of my size (38S probably) so that part seems tricky. The little custom flourishes on the Indochino seem awesome to me, but maybe I could just have a tailor add a monogram and working buttonhole and be good to go. Any thoughts?

If you are unsure of your size, would I be correct in assuming you are a bit newer to suiting? If so, Indochino could prove a disastrous nightmare. I'd find a stellar OTR fit first so you at least know your measurements.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

You are correct sir! Any recommendations in OTR suiting? It seems all the value is to be found online which is why I was thinking that route.

Comment

Can you give us some more info about yourself (height, weight, waist, chest size)?

Comment

5'9"

155 lbs

30-32 waist (depending on maker, I dunno my true waist size)

36/38 chest (the suits I have from thrifting that fit reasonably are those sizes)

Looking to spend from $200 to $400 for the suit. I do not wear one for work, so I only need it for wedding/funeral/special occasion.

Thanks very much for the help. You're fast.

Comment

I'd be inclined to say you should try a 36R in some slim fit brands. I think some of the slimmer fellas on here could help you more with that. Brands can really vary in length, but at 5'9 I'd try R. I'm not sure which brands carry 36. BenR?

Comment

I'm similar to your specs - 5'9", 150 lbs, 31 waist. But I carry a lot of weight in my thunder thighs and am pretty slim up top. The 36R is a good size for me - almost perfectly except for the sleeves, which are a bit too long. If you try the Thompson suits, I'd recommend maybe trying out the 38R first. The sleeves might be a titch long, but if the rest of the suit fits you, having the sleeves shortened will be a cheaper and quicker process than having an entire Indochino adjusted. It seems like most first-time Indochino customers need to have quite a lot of work done on their suits before the fit really works for them, which can be a time-consuming process.

If there is a J.Crew anywhere near you, I'd recommend seeing if you can try a Ludlow jacket on in-person. The Ludlow and Thompson fits are pretty comparable from what I can tell.

Ben

Comment

Working...
              X