Zara Double Monks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zara Double Monks

Hi all, Long time read but first time poster here.

Does anyone have any experience with the ZARA Double Monks?

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...WITH%20BUCKLES

They look decent on the website for $99. I am looking to let them get beat up and wear them casually similar to the article from the last GQ issue so I would prefer they not fall apart immediately since I intend to be a bit rough with them.

http://www.gq.com/style/wear-it-now/...ps-dress-shoes

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Those do look pretty nice....I'm quite curious as to how they'd stack up against my Mercanti Fiorentinis.

Also, this:

http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq...laces-out.html

Comment

Disappointed to see that they're all sold out.

Lol @kronak, thanks for sharing that. Just please don't wear the monks with one buckle undone, that raises my blood pressure.

Comment

Oh god, I would never wear them with one buckle undone - its worse than walking around with untied shoe laces.

Also, I noticed in the GQ article that there are also some black ones from Aldo that look promising:

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/shoe...293-sherrow/97

Comment

Agreed. I definitely do not have the je ne sais quoi to pull off an unbuckled monk... I'm finding it hard to get good reviews on the shoe. there is a Zara store near me so I may have to go look in person.

Comment

I saw these in-store on Sunday, and wasn't too impressed. The corrected grain leather appeared to wrinkle and crease really badly, as the store model looked extremely haggard. They looked like they would fall apart really quickly, as the soles didn't appear to be glued to the uppers with much longevity in mind. I would put your $99 towards something actually welted, and with full grain leather, rather than correct grain.

Comment

Do you have any suggestions, Zach? I, too, was interested in those monks prior to your description.

Comment

DSW has an Aldo Dbl Monk for $69, unfortunately it's as flimsy or even flimsier than the Zara one.

If you're lucky you might find some Antonio Maurizi's on clearance for $90 at DSW.

Comment

There are several internet sellers that especially market wholesale Longchamp Handbags, wholesale Longchamp Online handbags, affordable wholesale custom made Longchamp Outlet handbags and wholesale custom made Michael Kors Handbag. These stores allow it to be quite straightforward to place an purchase Michael Kors Bag on the net for practically any of those products Michael Kors Outlet. They are on the way to possess an updated Michael Kors Handbags report to make certain that you just usually get things that are current Michael Kors Bags and in style. And, the actuality that all of them accessible below just one Michael Kors Outlet roofing produces the option assortment quite simple.

Meditation SMS Audio can be an actual physical exercise concerning the views that can SMS By 50 certainly help to sooth your views and relieves stress. Street By 50 But one disadvantage of meditation could possibly be the simple fact that you simply Sennheiser Headphones call up for time jointly with a exact place to exercise it. Sennheiser CX one other way that demands none concerning the above but provides identical Sennheiser HD relief from nervousness is hemi sync.Hemi sync is truly Sms Audio a assortment of binaural beats marketed inside the kind of recorded CDs that puts you in a suggest of sleep while your views reaches Sms By 50 a suggest of severe calmness. It is such as the binaural Street Audio beats of hemi sync speaks the vocabulary concerning the human brain and will certainly help it to calm right down and rest a while.

Comment

I like how Zara just calls them "Shoe with buckles"

Comment

Mercanti Fiorentini has a decent monk for sub 200, if I recall correctly. Alternatively, if you're willing to gamble a bit on sizing it properly the first time, this is likely the absolute best value for the money:

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338

Vis-a-vis the "shoe with buckles" thing, Zara is a Spanish company, that's the parlance in Spain. Meermin, you'll notice, also calls them buckled shoes as they too are based on Spain (well, Mallorca, but whatever). I think "monk strap" is one of those weird idiomatic expressions that doesn't translate well :P.

Comment

Haha, I went closet-digging when I saw that GQ post.

I have a pair of Zara double monkstraps that I bought in 2010. They're still in amazing condition.

They're actually one of the most comfortable pair of shoes I've worn.

Comment

Allen Edmonds Nuemoras are on sale for $179 right now if you order through the shoe bank.

Comment

@dmencha Nuemora firsts?

My cocktail videos >

Comment

@tdig Seconds unfortunately. I bought a pair of seconds in the recent 2 for $300 sale and they turned out great though, if thats any reassurance.

Comment

Working...
                              X