New LEC collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New LEC collection

http://canvas.landsend.com/ix/canvas/Canvas/Men/New-Arrivals/index.html?seq=1~2~3~4&catNumbers=2198~2200~2501&v isible=1~1~1~1&store=le&sort=Recommended&tab=17&cm _re=Canvas-Men-_-D-2-1

Seems a bit skimpy for some reason, but at least there aren't as many "wtf?" items as in the last couple collections. New chinos. Some odd color/pattern/material combinations. Hope coupon codes work on the McTavish.

Its pretty awful to be honest.

The Waterproof Jacket (with the yellow and blue patches)..there are no words.

Comment

Well not a lot I'm interested in. The prices really seem to have gone up. Ouch.

I hold out hope for the pants still. We'll see about their fit this time around. Also it is awesome that they paired up with Oak Street Bootmakers. If those ever are included in a sale I will buy some immediately. I love my one pair, the navy suede "trail oxford."

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Let's hope they have a 65% off shoes and accessories sale in about three months. (Something tells me that won't happen again.)

Comment

I would really be amazed if they include any Oak Street products in a sale.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

LE has some new Supima shirts in some decent patterns and different fabrics (pinpoint, flannel, oxford). I think they've also added a couple colors/patterns to their wool Yearrounder pants.

Comment

Nothing here really sings to me. Interesting that they've started numbering their chino fits, a la Levi's. That waterproof jacket is a bit of a "WTF" though.

I'm a little disappointed that they're still offering such a limited size selection on their blazers.

@ BB - If they do offer steep discounts, they will probably find a way to exclude the Allen Edmonds and Oak Street stuff. As I recall, Land's End proper would typically just remove the AEs from their selection when they did major discounts.

Ben

Comment

Good lord, those prices are high for LEC. Why would someone pay $50 for a LEC skinny grey tie?

Comment

You don't, you wait until it's on sale, and then you wait for a discount code on top of that, and you get that tie for $10.

Comment

@trash is right. I've never bought anything at full price on LE/LEC and I never will.

Comment

@jake89 - what's the basis for calling it "pretty awful," exactly? The prices are completely out of line, I agree, but we all know how shopping at LEC works. This is, imo, much less eccentric and much more usable than most of the stuff they've been doing recently. What do we see? Some pretty solid looking cardigans, a few v-necks, a blazer someone might actually wear and enjoy (and two they probably won't), a bunch of new, fairly affordable chinos in different colors, a few pretty solid looking button downs, and some belts/ties that could see some use. No denim peacoats, only one pair of cargo pants.

All in all, despite the prices (Jesus, those shoes. Why?), I'd call it more of an eh-to-okay collection. I'd probably pick up that brown plaid shirt that I can't seen to find on the website but is pictured in some photos, a couple of the ties, and a couple of the cardigans on sale. The chinos, if they fit well, would even be worth buying for full retail, though that's coming from a guy who can have a hard time finding pants that fit well.

Comment

I like a few of the flannel shirts, but obviously no one is buying LEC full price...right? I'm never sure about the term workshirt though. Does that mean its just heavier, or is it the two-breast pockets?

Comment

I think in *some* instances it might mean heavier, but I don't think it's intrinsically so. Mostly, I just think the material they construct them out of tends to be a weightier type. Having said that, I also don't think it's any heavier than oxford cloth or a lot of other non-workshirt materials they use for their shirts. I took it to mean the lack of a button down collar, two breast pockets, and use of fabrics like denim and less preppy, more working class types of plaid.

Comment

I think "workshirt" generally refers more to the style and shape of the shirt than to the material. I.e., pocket style, button style, (probable) lack of collar stay slots, and other non-dressy details like contrast stitching. Some of these "workshirts" refer to their material as "lightweight," too.

Ben

Comment

A lot of what you'd expect from LEC. I like some of those sweaters (I need to step that up this fall/winter) and the elston blazer looks like it has promise. If Joe wants to send me one I'd be happy to review (hint.)

But yeah, that jacket....

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Working...
                              X