Thoughts on Brooks Brothers 346 suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Brooks Brothers 346 suit

I was at the Brooks Brothers outlet yesterday and they were running a deal for 2 suits for $550. The fact that I'm an odd size (39) limits my OTR choices. The BB outlet happens to carry odd sizes so it was a no brainer. I can't justify spending more than maybe $300 for a suit when I might wear it only a few times per year.

I've been doing some research online and on the snobby forums (SF and some others) they seem to only have bad stuff to say about the 346 suit because it's fused and not canvassed. Do any of you have any experience or thoughts on this particular suit?

If it fits you well and the materials are 100% natural go for it. Everyone on SF has something snobby to say about anything lower than a several thousand dollar bespoke suit. That site is a great guide for improving style, but unless you pull in 7 figures they will think you are a lesser person no matter how things fit.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I tried on a 346 blazer and it was actually fairly nice.

For $275 a suit, you're actually at or below mall prices (Banana, JCrew, etc).

Not a bad deal on sale, but I'd never buy them at full price.

Comment

What greg-s said...

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I guess it doesn't really matter now. I took a suit I had from BR and the BB suit to a tailor and he immediately said the BR suit fit me much better and just needs a few minor alterations. So I'll be returning the BB suits.

Comment

Not a suit materials/construction expert by any means, but I went by an outlet the other day and they seem decent for an outlet/bargain line. Much better than BR's outlet which it's like old navy level garbage if you ask me. It really all depends on price and fit. The only people who are gonna know if it's fused or not is a style snob or you in 5 years when it begins to fall apart.

Comment

I scored a seersucker suit by BB (Fitzgerald fit)from their outlet for only $13x the other day. It was also a 346 suit. Yes, it is fused and you can tell if you look at the jacket from the inside. In fact, I've noticed that some of the fused fabric has started to come off a little but for this price I am not going to complain. It's nothing that a skilled tailor can't fix. Am I right, guys?

:-)

http://suitored.com/suits/brooks-bro...rald-fit-suit/

Comment

The fabric on these is just not very good. I would opt for the far less expensive J Crew Factory suit that a few members have posted about.

Comment

I haven't seen the 346 in person, but I would trust bruschetta's assessment.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Me too. That's why I'm glad I returned it. I did keep the banana republic suit though. Any thoughts on their suits? Hopefully they're better quality than the 346.

Comment

Working...
                    X