Washing new shirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washing new shirts?

Do you guys do it? If yes, do you separate them on the first wash? I got a few new gingham shirts form Nordstrom/NM in light blue, navy, black, purple and the lazy me wants to put them all in the washing machine in cold/delicate cycle and line dry them, but I fear ruining some colors here.

I'm a very lazy guy when it comes to laundry. I just put everything together in the machine at the same time. I have a few gingham shirts and everything went fine.

Comment

I do wash all my new shirts when I receive them. I won't put new shirts in my regular wash until I've washed them separately at least once. I don't worry about washing each one individually though. Usually I'll toss all of them (except for all white shirts) in together. The navy gingham and light blue gingham and whatever should be fine together. The way I see it, all of those shirts have some white in them. How much could they possibly bleed? If they bled too much it would ruin itself and I'm sure the designers have already thought of that possibility.

Comment

I use these: http://www.shoutitout.com/en-US/Prod...r-catcher.aspx

Comment

I have my dress shirts laundered and pressed, but I wash all the other stuff together. That is, my butler is directed to wash them all together.

Comment

I wash all my laundry together, all the time* (with a few minor exceptions).

Unless your garment is exceptionally poor quality, you shouldn't have any dye running if you wash on cold/delicate. I do all my laundry this way, from dress shirts to denim, and I haven't had any problems.

*I would advise washing new denim or red/pink fabrics separately for the first wash or two. Otherwise, cold water should protect you from fading colors and running dye.

Ben

Comment

Thank you all for your advice. Washed all of them together except for the purple one (ended up handwashing it to err on the safe side).

Comment

Working...
              X