L.L.Bean Katahdin Iron Works Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L.L.Bean Katahdin Iron Works Boots

Do these ever go on sale? I've been eyeing these for months now.

I'm hijacking this thread, but if someone wants to comment on the OP's sale question, by all means do so.

I've been looking for a boot similar to the Red Wing Beckman or Wolverine Krause that is available in wide widths. Although I'm worried they might be clunky and look too much like a work boot once I get them on my feet, I'm considering the plain to version of LL Bean Katahdins. Can anyone comment on the sizing of these, particularly the width (these or any of the Chippewa iterations)?

Comment

Personally (especially if you want the plain toe) I would just get the regular Chippewas for half price, fantastic boots.

Comment

Can you comment on the sizing and width of either?

Comment

Have any posters worn a pair of these long enough to comment on their width?

Comment

I've been through three pairs of the regular Chippewa's, about to get my fourth, and they've been consistent in sizing. They fit spot-on Brannock size for me, so if you're over a D-width, definitely go wide or size up.

Comment

The sales question is old, but I can tell you LL Bean barely ever has sales, and even then they tend to be minimal. Really the best you can hope for is the 20% coupon. That said LL Bean has the fantastic return policy. I purchased the plain-toe cordovan boots last year using the aforementioned 20% coupon, so I think it came out to be 160 or so.

They are seriously good looking boots and I don't regret them at all. Great color and build quality.I'm typically a 13 and I have some wide, flat feet. I purchased a normal width 12 after reading they ran large; they have broken in nicely. At first they seemed to be too tight, so I tried a 13 at a local store. My feet were swimming in them. I would say to maybe try a half size down if you have the option. I didn't since I have the big size feet, but the 12's feel good now after giving them a little bit of a break in period.

I would see if you can find a 20% coupon and maybe look for some of those $30 for $20 LL bean gift cards that float around. Hope that helps.

Comment

Well, their return policy isn't THAT fantastic. They do charge you for "returns", even if it's an exchange. If you have a store near you that shouldn't be a problem though.

As for the boots, I was going to buy them about a year ago but went with the cheaper Chippewa's instead. I believe the LL Bean work boots are made by Chippewa anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by roostertail View Post
                  I've been through three pairs of the regular Chippewa's, about to get my fourth, and they've been consistent in sizing. They fit spot-on Brannock size for me, so if you're over a D-width, definitely go wide or size up.
                  Originally posted by _W_ View Post
                  I'm typically a 13 and I have some wide, flat feet. I purchased a normal width 12 after reading they ran large; they have broken in nicely. At first they seemed to be too tight, so I tried a 13 at a local store. My feet were swimming in them. I would say to maybe try a half size down if you have the option. I didn't since I have the big size feet, but the 12's feel good now after giving them a little bit of a break in period.
                  Thanks guys. I've been eying these boots for a while, and then my wife and I planned a trip to Maine this fall. I called the outlet there and they price them at $160. I'll likely try to find them before we go there, but I'm sure doing so would ensure that the outlet runs a great sale on them on the same day we visit. Part of me wants to exercise patience and wait to scope out the outlet, while another part of me just wants to get them now and enjoy them sooner than later.

Either way, thanks for the sizing info!

Comment

Originally posted by justin t View Post
                    Well, their return policy isn't THAT fantastic. They do charge you for "returns", even if it's an exchange. If you have a store near you that shouldn't be a problem though.
                    Couldn't agree with you more, my biggest knock on them. I've always been receptive on spending a little bit more to support them but since they closed the store near me I nearly stopped shopping with them all together. I'm not going to order something without the confidence that if it doesn't fit I can't ship it back for free.

Comment

Working...
                    X