Corduroy and shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corduroy and shoes

First, what's your opinion on corduroy pants as fashionable casual wear? Might as well be wearing carpenter jeans? Sharp, vintag-ish addition to a wardrobe?

Next, what are acceptable shoes with these pants?

Thin-wale cords in a good modern fit are great in the fall/winter in my opinion. I think any shoes you'd wear with chinos work with cords, but I avoid suede because of the similarity in appearance between the two materials.

While we're on the subject, what does everybody think of corduroy sportcoats?

Comment

I picked up the Grey J.Crew 14-wale sportcoat that Joe featured last year and I love it. I wore it several times a week last fall/winter. Plan on doing the same this season.

Comment

@MichaelJ - corduroy is definitely fashionable. Even better is that it's a classic style. Just keep the wales thin and make sure the pants fit well. It's a great substitute for denim.

Comment

What Glen said. Follow that advice and I really don't think you need to fret about what shoes work more than you would for any other kind of fabric/pants.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
          X