Anybody every try DIY shoe stretching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody every try DIY shoe stretching?

My understanding is that shoe stretching "solution" is just diluted rubbing alcohol, which you apply to the exterior of the shoe then use a stretching shoe tree or stuff some newspaper in the shoe. Anybody try this at home? I know it's cheap to do at a cobbler, but I have a few pairs that I wouldn't mind stretching a bit to get a better fit and if I can do it for (nearly) free I thought why not. Also, does anybody know if you can stretch suede shoes, or shoes that don't have leather liners?

It depends on the shoe.

I bought a shoe stretcher and used rubbing alcohol as the solution. Leather shoes, even without a leather liner, will stretch. Suede should stretch, too, but I'd be careful if it's a thin suede.

I tried stretching my circa 1970's wingtips but the leather is so friggin' thick that the shoe stretcher broke! Damn shoes are build like tanks.

Comment

I bought a shoe stretcher from Amazon for 30 dollars and have used it on several pairs of used Allen Edmonds and they have all come out great and fit perfect.

Comment

Working...
      X