Great blazer... now what pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great blazer... now what pants?

Apologies for any faux pas I might make in my initial post. I only recently found the site and this gem of a forum. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

I picked up a blazer on Gilt this week - Joseph Abboud Silk Tartan Plaid Blazer. I really like the look and it iss unlike anything I have. However, I can't decide what trousers go with it. I'm thinking medium gray or even tan/brown. Perhaps I can get away with navy or navy stripe since it is not a solid blue jacket? I'm curious thoughts on this, as this is more adventurous than my other jackets.

Gents, thanks.

I think a medium to light gray would go very well. Think tan/beige would work too. You might be able to pull off a navy pant, although you'll be tiptoeing the line of being almost too matchy, depending on how the navy in the jacket and the navy in the pants go together. And that's a lot of navy top and bottom without being a navy suit. Personally, I'd stick with a non-patterned pant, gray or khaki range, as the coat will do a lot of talking on its own.

Comment

I would go with gray dress pants

Comment

Ditto what hornsup84 said.

Might be a touch too dressy for chinos or non slacks but tough to tell from a picture.

Outstanding looking coat though, nice pick up.

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Many thanks for the replies. I hope I can return the favor sometime.

Comment

Working...
          X