Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have the Bonobos chino lino blazer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have the Bonobos chino lino blazer?

I bought one from the recent sale and was wondering if anybody else did and had comments on the fit. I usually wear a 36 in suit jackets, so I got the blazer in a 36, and it's surprisingly snug. what I'm not sure of is if it's the chest or the armholes. I'm wearing it as I type this, and the jacket is very tight at my armpit and in around the top/back of my shoulders. it's comfortable with my hands at my sides though.

is this a chest size problem or is there not enough room in the armholes? the torso and sleeve lengths are good, so if I trade for a 38 I'm guessing it will be too long all around and maybe even too big in the chest, and I don't think the jacket is worth tailoring since I won't wear it *that* often. I guess ultimately if it's not comfortable it's not a good fit, but since I rarely wear suits I'm not sure what the appropriate amount of snugness is.

also, maybe a dumb question, but will it stretch at all with wear? it's a cotten-linen blend.

I too picked up the chino lino. I usually wear a 40R, but the Chino Lino 40R was snug, too snug. My deltoids are bulging out of the blazer. When I cross my arms it feels like the jacket could rip. Also, the lapels are popping forward. I compared it to my 40 suit jacket and the shoulders are much narrower on blazer. I'm giving the 42 a shot.

I wouldn't think the length of the jacket would be any different between the 36 and 38 as long as they are both regular.

Comment

thanks, that basically confirms my experience then. I'm debating whether I should return it or try the 38 myself. not sure quite how to explain it, but the jacket sort of made me look less than slim, sort of trapezoidal or something. I could just barely button the top button, and yet I looked sort of fat in the mirror. not sure if it's my imagination or the jacket is actually cut in some way to give that impression.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one!

I ordered a size 38 and pretty much had the same experience. The length, waist, etc was perfect and felt great.. but the shoulders/armpit area was extremely restrictive. All my other blazers / coats are size 38.

From what I understand, the shoulders need to fit properly and everything else can be fixed by a tailor.

Unfortunately, they don't have a size 40 in stock anymore so I requested a flat return. That makes me a little sad, since this blazer looked and felt awesome!

Comment

This is good news for me then! Picked up a gray in 40R though I normally wear a 38, but it said to size up if in between. Sitting around a 38.5", here's to a perfect fit hopefully.

Comment

osiriuso - I'm possibly interested in picking up a 38.

Could you please measure the shoulders for me?

Comment

@ zerostyle -- sorry man, I sent the blazer back last week, otherwise I would have measured it for ya.

Comment

Hmm. Was seriously considering pulling the trigger on this one in 38R until I read all this. No 40s left. A bit of a shame since it does look like an awesome jacket. I guess I could always just return it, but this shoulder thing seems like a universal problem.

Comment

Working...
                X