Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale - Wife will not be happy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale - Wife will not be happy...

Just ordered a pair of walnut Strands and tan McTavishs. Seriously thinking about ordering a pair of black McTavishs as well.

Would it be weird to have both tan and black in the same shoe? Other suggestions for casual/but nice black a lt like the McTavishs?

If you're ordering the same relatively expensive shoe in different colors, I'd say you should think about seeing somebody.

What utility does a relatively casual black shoe have? None of my casual shoes are black, and all of my black shoes are formal. How does one wear a black shoe casually?

Comment

^ with jeans and a black belt, and a plan to not tell any of the dappered black shoe haters about it

Comment

*frowns in haughty disapproval*

Comment

I'm with Hardrain...

Hi! My name is Kevin and occasionally I wear black shoes casually. I've been black shoe free for 6 days now.

Seriously, what about gray jeans?

Comment

And thus began the great Dappered black and walnut shoe schism of 2012. Also known as "The War of the Wingtips"

Comment

I recently picked up black mctavish and plan to wear it casually w/ jeans.

- AE now has dark brown mctavish that looks great

Comment

While I have a fair selection of both colors, I do tend to lean more towards black shoes. It's just a matter of preference. I'm considering ordering the McTavish's in black as well, but my wallet has taken enough of a hit this summer. I'd say I need to stop reading Dappered, but that's a lie!

Comment

I am bruschetta, and I see a whole army of black wingtip brogue shoes, here in defiance of walnut semibrogues! You have come to fight as Dappered men, and Dappered men you are! What will you do with your black brogues? Will you fight?

kevinD asks, "Fight? Against walnut cap-toe semibrogues? No! We will run. And we will look slightly less dapper."

bruschetta: Aye, fight walnut and you may be mocked. Run, and you'll fit in with walnut groupthink... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade ALL the brogues, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our Dappered forum members that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR BLACK BROGUES!

Comment

A battle of sartorial proportions...

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Hold your ground! Hold your ground! Sons of Walnut, of Cognac, my brothers!

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the courage of men fails,

when we shamefully don black shoes

and break all rules of dapperdom,

but it is not this day.

An hour of tasteless choices and ill-conceived aesthetics,

when the age of menswear comes crashing down,

but it is not this day!

This day we fight!!

By all that you hold dear on this good Earth and the beauty that is Walnut and Brown,

I bid you stand, Men of the Brown Shoes!!!

Comment

@bruschetta - lol

Comment

Ye lads with your single-track minds.

I have recently completed my AE tour (for now, of course). I am the proud owner of walnut strands, black fifth aves, and as of yesterday, brown park aves.

I am a jack of all trades, and a master of none.

Comment

I don't think the McTavish styling works in black. I have no problem with black casual shoes, but I'd probably go with plain toe derbies or dub monks myself. That being said, buy what you like and what you'll wear. Just don't wear black shoes with khakis...

Comment

The black Mctavish looks great with dark denim.

Comment

Working...
                              X