Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the creases on these shoes be "fixed"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the creases on these shoes be "fixed"?

Can the creases in the vamp of these shoes be buffed out? I assume what caused this was an improper fit. I'd like to have the lines gone and the leather be completely smooth again. Is this possible? What would I need to do to achieve this? Thanks...

Broken bones: Hard to tell with such a small picture...but those creases look like it might be cordovon leather. If you can buy this on the cheap, it will be a good deal especially since the lack of discoloration on the insoles mean the shoe probably wasn't worn too much.

Either way, whether its calf, cordovan, pebble or whatever, the creases can be somewhat diminished with a decent cobbler who can "recraft" the shoe by stretching the leather when you need to rebuild the shoe.

EDIT: saw your new higher resolution pics. Looks like cordovan to me. The creases will diminish a bit if you send it in for AE's recrafting service, but imo the creases is what gives cordovan it's character.

Comment

Here is another photo that really shows the severity of the creases. It looks like an AE Standard Package refinish will probably be needed. Thoughts?

http://s14.postimage.org/aoa6o4ug1/shoes2.jpg

Comment

@brokenbones: Are you buying these from someone? If so, did they confirm it was cordovan?

Comment

"severity of the creases"??

I don't know if it's cordovan or not, but every pair of leather shoes gets creases on the top after about the 2nd or 3rd wear.

Comment

That's just normal for shoes. They won't look that creased or bumpy when they're on your feet. Also, keeping shoe trees in them will help.

Comment

Working...
            X