Brick & Mortar Indochino locations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brick & Mortar Indochino locations?

Getting married in October '12 and the Indochino contest inspired me to ask. I like their cuts and proportions. Plus, the price point is inviting. Was thinking of getting a BR Monogram suit but the jacket alone cost more than an entire Indochino. Appreciate any assistance.

Since they do MTM, I am pretty sure they have only ever had pop-up locations to take measurements.

Check out the styleforum thread to see some hits and misses. My Brother-in-law received a suit from them recently: bizarre sleeve caps but otherwise fit reasonably well.

If you are going to put in an order, do it soon (now?) so there will be time for you to change your mind/remake/etc. Time constraints can lead to decisions you might regret or be dissatisfied with.

Comment

I've got an Indochino being made currently.. Lib is correct, they only do pop-up locations to take measurements and show products: trunk shows, if you will. If it's your first suit from them, and I assume that it is, you're running a bit of a risk. The key to Indochino, as has been said on this forum before, is to keep your expectations appropriate for the first suit. For the first suit, they're still dialing you in, it's not a finished product yet. That having been said, lots of people get it right on the first time and never need a remake.

If you're going to do Indochino for a wedding in October, I *highly* recommend you go to a tailor to have your measurements taken. Both you and the tailor should watch the "how to take measurements" video so that you both know exactly where the measurements should be taken, as some companies expect the tape to start at one seam whereas some companies expect a different location even when using the same term like "shoulder width". Doing the measuring with a tailor will significantly increase the likelihood of getting it right the first time, and then you should take advantage of the $75 tailoring credit that Indochino offers.

An extra leg-up might be to send their concierge service pictures of how you stand, your posture, general body shape, any freak genetic abnormalities or limb amputations, etc etc.

Like Lib said, you really should make the decision now if you're going to go with them to allow for any surprises.

Comment

Working...
      X