What have you paid full price for recently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What have you paid full price for recently

There always seems to be something that you must have. At times the desire is so strong that you must have it; cost be damned. I am sure that this is arare occurence among such savvy shoppers, but fess up.

My regular price purchase was the J.Crew Madras tie. I wanted a cool somewhat casual tie that I can wear to an event we are attending at the beach. I am sure there will be many more occasions to wear it; like casual Fridays when most of the unwashed where shorts and graphic tees...shudders.

The only time I buy something full price is for smaller volume, made in the US goods that don't really go on sale. I bought a pair of blue suede mocs from Oak Street Bootmakers earlier this year.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

http://www.chubbiesshorts.com/collections/the-weekenders/products/the-pregames

They sell out in 1-2 days after being posted, and doubt they've ever had a sale. Totally unnecessary, but totally worth it.

Otherwise, everything else has been on sale for a while... but I've been buying a ton of sale items, so aggregate cost is getting a little excessive. May be time to implement a spending freeze for a bit.

Comment

Paid full price for the tweed vest about a year ago at UO, but nothing since then.

Comment

Just the other day! I was in Gap and saw a really great clay-colored cardigan that I knew for sure wasn't on their website, and was already pretty affordable, so I saw what the hell and splurged. Before that, it was probably a pair of Gap jeans that fit so well when I tried them on in person I didn't want to chance it by waiting for a sale or ordering online.

Comment

@hornsup How short are they shorts? The pictures make them look really short.

Comment

UO: unbranded raw denim, also grabbed TVHM raw denim on sale with that if it negates it . Had a lovely experience with their CS, somehow my shipping got changed to $40 option instead of the $10 even after the order was placed with $10 the only difference is a few days quicker, so 7-10 vs 10-12.Most likely their site sucked and kept changing me to living in Canada but with US states as options etc. Anyways quick call and bam $30 refund

Comment

J.Crew Factory Thompson suit in navy. Worth it.

Ben

Comment

@bremersm -- they're _really_ short. They don't actually say what the inseam is, but I'm guessing 5" inseam. As a tall guy, they're definitely not for regular wear. However, they are comfortable as all get out with the elastic waist and the fabric.

Comment

We know, Ben! We know! Quit rubbing it in! lol

Comment

What is this "full price" you speak of? >

Comment

Your mother: the price of admission was paid in full.

Comment

Well, never paid retail on dappered related stuff so far.

Comment

A red gingham shirt from Target. It's hard to call Target "full price" though

Comment

@shadow - how are the unbranded jeans? I've never heard of them, but they look pretty legit.

Comment

Working...
                              X