dress code question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dress code question

I am going to a dinner party with approximately 80 people. The invite said "dressy" and it is in august in FL. Any suggestions as to what I need to wear? Is a sport coat required?

Thanks!

Navy sportcoat, white pants, white dress shirt. Double breasted if you've ever captained a ship. You will look like the man if you add an ascot.

If that's too much for you...definitely wear a sportcoat with dress pants or a summer suit.

Comment

I assume this is an indoor dinner party? If so definitely sport coat and no tie.

Comment

To me, "dressy" would behoove you to wear a jacket and tie- especially indoors where it's bound to feature air conditioning. Ascot would be great if you can rock it, but unless you wear it with confidence (and it's "you"), it could be hard to pull off.

Details include pocket square in a flourish fold (or tv fold if you want to go more conservative) and a subtle watch on a leather strap (not on a bracelet).

Comment

I really recommend calling and asking for a clarification on what exactly "dressy" means. You really don't want to be the guy who thought dressy meant sport coat and no tie and everyone else read "dressy" as black tie.

That said, I tend to agree with NC: show some panache! You're in Florida, rock the unabashedly bourgeois preppy look!

Comment

Working...
          X