Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody try Lookmatic?

http://www.lookmatic.com

There's a deal on Fab.com today, $48 for prescription glasses. They're like Warby Parker except I can't find many comments about them anywhere. I'm wondering if their quality is better by enough vs the cheapo $10-$20 places to be worth trying out. It seems like they're all about the thick frames but there are a couple I like.

The lack of input on them may be due to their somewhat recent name-change from Spex Club to Lookmatic. I bought a pair of glasses from them about a year ago and I wasn't particularly impressed. I found the quality to be quite poor. The frames were awkwardly assembled, so that when all of the screws were tight, they didn't sit straight on my face (I've never had that problem before, so I'm pretty sure it's not my crooked face that's the issue). They also just felt kind of flimsy. It's hard to describe specifically, but they just don't feel as solid as they should given the material and frame shape. That said, it's possible that my pair was an outlier or an anomaly and $48 is a pretty attractive price, so take the above for what it's worth.

Comment

We (Lookmatic) saw your post and are compelled to do everything we can to address your concerns.

Shomas – You’re right, our recent name change has definitely affected the amount of feedback that is available about us. We hope that we will see many more posts about us in the very near future as more and more people have great experiences with us. Only time will tell and we are doing everything we can to make buying glasses with us so enjoyable that everyone posts about it. If you want some unbiased feedback you can check these posts on Yelp - http://www.yelp.com/biz/lookmatic-los-angeles

We are sorry to hear you were not thrilled with the frames you purchased from SpexClub (our former name) a year ago. If there is any way we can make it up to you now, please let us know. We hope you will give us another try as we have made huge changes in our product; as well as nearly everything else at www.lookmatic.com.

Please contact us via our customer care email at [email protected] and let us know if we can make it up to you.

Melissa (Lookmatic Customer Care)

Comment

Working...
      X