Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unacceptable Allen Edmonds blemish or just paranoid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mugen Power
    replied

My Park Avenues from the Nordstrom sale came with an ever-so-slight crease on both shoes at the front where creases generally form from wear. They're not heavy creases at all and they don't seem to have been worn (laces came as all new AEs come, clean shoe bottoms, etc.). I'm just wondering if anyone saw the same thing with theirs.

Leave a comment:

• Transient
    replied

Crazy people with your store visits! Does the sun not burn your flesh?

I just laced up the Park Aves and good lord they are some stunners.

Leave a comment:

• Margotron
    replied

Ben - I bought my park aves in person, but am now trying to get a new pair shipped from AE via nordstrom. I think it will work (just worked with my strands, that are GORGEOUS).

Leave a comment:

• Transient
    replied

Unacceptable. I got my Park Avenues, ordered from Nordstrom and delivered direct from AE, and they're perfect. The box did include a return label for Nordstrom so you don't have any hassle for returning. Do you still have that? If not, contact Nordstrom instead of AE.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied

As you bought them from Nordstrom's I'm not sure how that works. I would guess you have to go through Nordstrom, but maybe not. I'm sure someone else can comment on that. In the past, I have just called AE, but that was for shoes bought directly from them.

Leave a comment:

• Margotron
    replied

Greg - how does the AE customer service process work? Just call them and tell them I have a lemon? Or are there many hoops to jump through? If it is easier, I would rather go through them than Nordstrom, which seems rife with problems.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied

For what it's worth, I have 3 pairs of AEs that have all come directly from AE. Two were seconds, one was first quality. They have all been in excellent (nearly perfect on the seconds) condition. I have had to do some size exchanging, etc and have always had great luck with their customer service.

This is only an anecdotal observation, but most times people have these issues it seems to be through Norstrom. Idk why, it seems weird.

Leave a comment:

• Margotron
    replied

Excellent feedback guys, thanks. Sounds like these are going back. I actually have had a couple problems with Nordstrom AE shoes during this sale. I have seen 2 pairs of strands and 2 pairs of park aves. The strands both had blemishes, I am awaiting a third pair straight from nordy's site. Looks like I will be doing the same with the park aves :-\

it has not been an encouraging experience, I admit, though the shoes are BEAUTIFUL. Not sure if this is Nordstrom or AE's fault.

Leave a comment:

• shad0w4life
    replied

I will also say AE customer service is lacking, telling me about last and then saying if I'd like to call back with more questions about last and would like to ORDER more please contact them. That was also after emailing me saying they wanted to resolve any issues I had. I felt like they were treating me like a cheapskate after mentioning that I got 4 pairs on the sale(I explictly mentioned they were seconds when I posted my review) yet I have a pair of Cortland 1st that I got else where they don't know about.

Herring shoes sent me a box direct from factory that had the wrong size inside...solution was to instantly send me the correct size and tell me to find a good home for the old ones. Retail was almost $300 but they were on sale for about $150.

Leave a comment:

• bruschetta
    replied

spartanlaw, I understand that you had a poor experience with Allen Edmonds. My experience has been that they have excellent customer service.

zerostyle, Some of the pictures of damaged shoes forum members have posted have been surprisingly bad. I wonder why they seem to have slipped in terms of quality control in the past year.

Leave a comment:

• spartanlaw
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zerostyle
    replied

Honestly, I've seen tons of AE "firsts" that have issues with leather creasing, broguing being damaged, etc.

I'm not really sure how the hell AE became known for their quality, other than the goodyear welted soles.

Leave a comment:

• bruschetta
    replied

spartanlaw, Allen Edmonds has excellent customer service. I cannot think of a clothing company that has better customer service.

Leave a comment:

• fiestaplatypus
    replied

While I agree AE has had some quality issues as of late, their customer service is FAR from "not so great". They have one of the best customer service department's that I've ever dealt with and have gone to great lengths to ensure customer satisfaction (See many of the posted stories in the Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread on SF or the many threads on AAAC).

Leave a comment:

• kenneth
    replied

Absolutely unacceptable. Definitely return.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X